Young people who are aged between 5 and 21 years can apply now for a card to access the Young Persons’ (Under 22s) Free Bus Travel Scheme which goes live on the 31st of January. Parents must apply for young people aged 5 to 15, and young people aged 16 and over can apply themselves if they choose.
Pupils Travelling by Bus to ACC City Campus, School Links and Foundation Apprenticeship Courses
With the introduction of the Young Persons' Free Bus Travel Scheme, those pupils doing courses as part of the City Campus, School Links or Foundation Apprenticeships will no longer be issued a pass from school but will need to use this new card instead. We will stop issuing passes on behalf of the college on the 2nd of February. Pupils should apply now as the application process can take about 10 days.
How to Apply
The links below provide helpful information about applying. Please note that we are unable to assist with the application process.
- Information about the scheme and the application process from the Aberdeen City Council website
- Information about the scheme from the Transport Scotland website
- Apply online at the GetYourNEC.Scot website
- Parents applying on behalf of their children will need a MyGov.Scot account. If you don't have an account, you can find out more here.
- As part of the application process, parents will need to provide proof of their identity online. If necessary, the application Yoti can help with this.
Parents Applying for Young People 5-15
Parents Applying to Update Their Young Person's NEC Card